Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A Wee Bit of Me Wednesdays

I saw this on Lindsey/lageorgepaperie's blog and decided to do it as well!  I haven't really posted here lately, and I actually haven't been crafting much lately.  I think I'm just feeling a little too under the weather even though I'm not sick-sick.  Well, here we go!


{one} what was your favorite sitcom growing up?
Full House!  My brother and I religiously watched it on Tuesday nights.  It's funny because we didn't know whether or not a new episode was going to be on air, so when there wasn't an episode, we were really upset because we were waiting an entire week!  This is obviously way before we could track episodes online and such.  That was the time of the printed TV Guide that I could never understand as a kid.

{two} what song always makes you happy when you hear it?
"Jesus Saves" by Jeremy Camp.  When I hear it on Star99.1 in the morning, it puts me in such a good mood inside.  When it's on the radio in the afternoon as I'm going home, I can "bop" a bit more as I drive!

{three} do you still have your wisdom teeth?
Nope, I had all 4 removed because they were growing in crooked and would've messed up all the work accomplished by the braces.  Of course, you can't really tell at this point that I had braces, but that's a whole other story.  Anyway, they were impacted, so I had to be put to sleep so they could cut the gums to get them out.  I had already had 4 other teeth removed because I apparently have a small mouth, but I just got 21 shots at that point.  I think this was the first time I had any type of anesthesia.

{four} what is your go to way to relax?
Nowadays, I craft on my Cricut or even just go on the Cricut message board to relax.  I tend to craft more on the nights when I have work the next day.  Lately, however, it's just been way too tiring to do much of anything!

{five} do you play any instruments?
I took piano lessons for 6 years, but I quit after that.  That was the amount that I had to finish according to my mom!  I think she was hoping I'd stick with it, but I couldn't.  I loved playing.  I just hated practicing and having lessons!  I also played the flute from 4th grade through junior high and then up to my junior year of high school.  I quit marching/concert band when I was a senior because our band teacher left.  I was supposed to be section leader of the flutes when I was a senior.  I would've gotten the extra braid on my marching band uniform too, but alas, it wouldn't have been the same without my band teacher.

{six} nude beaches: yes or no?
Ew!  I think that's gross.

{seven} do you chew your pens/pencils?
Nope.  I don't feel the need to chew anything (ex. gum, my hair, pen caps).  I wish my students felt the same way because I sometimes have to pick up writing utensils from the floor, and only after picking it up do I realize that I just touched a whole bunch of teeth marks!  Yuck! 

{eight} can you change the oil in your car?
Um, I haven't even put gas in the car before.  Of course, it's not entirely my car anyway.

{nine} can you curl your tongue?
Curl it like a taco?  Yup!  It's strange that this is something that people want to do because I guess I didn't think it was a big deal seeing as I could do it.  I can also flip my tongue upside down but only if I turn to the left.  Going to the right just doesn't work, and I guess that's what people feel as they try to curl their tongues!
 
{ten} can you knit or crochet?
I've always wanted to knit because it seems like a really fun thing to do with your hands while you're like, watching a movie or something.  You know, being productive at the same time!  I felt the urge to learn once again since I've been watching old episodes of Grey's Anatomy on Netflix, and there's an episode when Izzie and Meredith swear off men and decide to knit instead.  Hehe, I'm not swearing off men, but I thought the knitting part looked cool!

5 comments:

  1. TFS Rachel! Don't you live in NJ? I had a friend in college from Cherry Hill and she hadn't ever pumped her own gas either. When she got a car for graduation, we had to show her how to do it at the gas station :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @lageorgiapaperie: Nope, I'm in NY! We do get gas in NJ though, so that's why it's not as common to pump our own gas. Even so, I think I have to eventually learn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, I'm sure it's a lot cheaper in NJ! Are you from NYC then?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup! Where people are just way too hectic and tense for my liking! I want to move to the South!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i can teach you how to knit! i can't make anything complicated yet - just scarves, hat, mittens, gloves/arm warmers...no clothes or socks yet. oh, and i've also made baby toys!

    ReplyDelete