Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A Wee Bit of Me Wednesdays


{one} what is your favorite breakfast food?
I've only had it once, but it was the yummiest and most memorable breakfast item - biscuits and gravy!  I think I definitely belong in the South because I could probably eat that every few days without getting sick of it.  Since I do have to accept the fact that I live in NY, I'm going to say that my favorite breakfast is a sesame bagel with smushed avocado since I can't have cream cheese (lactose intolerant).  In fact, I'm having it tomorrow!  We don't have bagels in the house often, and when we do, we very rarely have an avocado, so this is exciting for me!

{two} how many pairs of shoes do you currently own?
I really only wear a few pairs regularly.  For work, I wear my crocs Lily Winter flats, but since it's cold now, I have my Bear Paw boots.  My weekend thing is sneakers, of course, specifically New Balance!  The last thing that I wear often in the warmer weather are my Rampage strappy sandals.  I wear those with my skirts and dresses for church.

{three} city or country?
Country.  I would love to live in the middle of nowhere, away from all the hectic craziness of NYC.  I want a porch to sit on and read.  I want to be in a small town where you know everyone around you.  I want to be in a place where you can just go down the road to get fresh veggies!

{four} what is your favorite part of your job?
I really love having lunch with my co-workers.  Haha, I know that's not really related to my job, but right now, the kids are starting to get on my last nerve.  They're so babied, and they're so used to being spoon fed that they don't know how to think on their own to try to solve something as simple as a word problem!  That's why having lunch with my colleagues is really so restorative.  It's a way to refuel physically and mentally since we get to talk to adults!

{five} what is your favorite junk food to snack on?
I'm a potato chip junkie.  What would be even better is if there were dip that went along with it!  We didn't have it often in the house, so going to someone's house for a party was so much fun.  However, even then, I was afraid to eat a lot because I knew they were bad for me, and I thought I was doing something wrong!

{six} have you ever been mentioned in the newspaper?
When I graduated as the salutatorian of my high school, the local paper put my senior photo in it and wrote about what I said in my speech.  That was pretty cool!  They did that for all the high schools in the area.

{seven} do you use post-it notes?
I use them pretty much every day.  When we drop off things in the copy bin at school, we have to write our name, number of copies, page #s  or special instructions, and date of use on a post-it and slap it on the paper.  I also use it in my room for reminders.  Technically though, we're not using Post-its.  We use the Staples brand!

{eight} do you have freckles?
Yes, but I thankfully don't have as many as my mom and brother!

{nine} is it okay for men to wear pink?
I'm fine with men wearing pink.  I think at this point, most guys can pull off a light shade or pale pink.  The hot pinks or bright pinks can only be worn by some men!

{ten} when was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper?
I don't remember the last time I wrote a letter, but I do write cards.  I recently wrote about 35 thank you cards to students for Christmas gifts.  That was definitely something that hurt my hand after a while!  I like to make things personal, so that's why it took longer than just writing "Thanks for the gift!"

8 comments:

  1. I live in Crocs! I developed plantar fasciitis last year and they're basically the only shoes I can wear. Either those, my UGGS when it's really cold, or my tennis shoes with my special inserts. I feel like an 80 year old woman, but at least I'm comfortable!

    I miss your crafty posts! Would love to see what you've been working on :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @lageorgiapaperie: Crocs are great! I love that they make more than just the clogs. I loved it when I told my students that my flats were crocs because they're very anti-anything that's not "cool," but they loved my shoes!

    I'll definitely post more crafty things after I get back from vacation. I've spent a lot of time preparing for that and trying to get work done. Plus, I had sinusitis with inflammation in my ear that caused vertigo for a while. That really put a damper on my crafting ability since I couldn't look down without getting incredibly dizzy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wore silver glittery Crocs for my wedding, they were so much fun!
    I hope you feel better soon, I'm sure the vacation will help! Have a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You wrote me a letter when you sent me the penny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @lageorgiapaperie: Vacation will hopefully revitalize me for work and then for more crafting!

    @ksquared: Oh right! When we went to Epcot on Monday, I looked at the Mexico penny squisher and thought of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I gave you 2 blog awards, check out my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Rachel! Sorry it took me a few days to get back to you. I hope your wedding drama gets sorted out!
    I am trying to get a little invitation business off the ground, so I would love to make yours if you'd like! No pressure, but let me know if that is something you'd be interested in :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @lageorgiapaperie: Ooo, sounds interesting! How much do you charge per invitation? We're looking for very low budget invitations. I was actually going to make them, but then I didn't want to give myself something else to do. I'll make the thank you cards instead. Howard is thinking of designing our invitations too. At this point, who knows what's going to happen, but we do have a long time to decide! The wedding will be May 2012!

    ReplyDelete