Friday, September 20, 2013

Baby Boy or Baby Girl

Before I start talking about this card, let me just preface it by saying that just because I'm posting a "Hello Baby" card, it doesn't mean I'm going to be saying hello to a baby of my own in 9 months!  Haha, just felt that I needed to get that out there.

I made a card similar to this last year or so because I had used the same duck from the Sandy Lion stamp set and fussy cut it after coloring them 3 different colors.  The card itself seemed kind of bland, so this time I chose to stamp the ducks on different colored paper with the same pattern.  I think it worked out so much better.  I kept it gender neutral by using yellow, blue, and pink 


By using a black layer on kraft cardstock, the colors really get to pop and the patterned ducks are the clear focal point of the card.  I used Pink by Design's set "Big Thoughts" for the sentiment that was actually two separate words.  I really love how easily PBD's sentiments stamp and pick up the ink to transfer.


Time and time again, this Sandy Lion stamp set is still one of my favorites along with the "boy" version of it too.  I just love that I found them in the Michaels clearance section a few year ago and snatched them up really quickly!

1 comment:

  1. Very cute card! The ducks are so sweet, and I love that each one has a different pattern on it.

    ReplyDelete