Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Lord is My Shepherd

Recently, I decided to dig out my old red rubber stamps to see what fun things I had in there.  I haven't used many of them in the longest time, and I knew that there was probably a ton of potential in the many photo boxes I have filled with wooden block stamps.  I found this sheep (Inkadinkado) that I have always loved and knew that I could make a clean and simple card with it.  I stamped it on cardstock and colored it with Copics.  I don't know if you can see it in this picture, but I tried blending.  The front of the sheep's head is a bit darker than the rest.  Because I don't have the special Paper Trey Ink or Neenah paper that works well with Copics, the colors were bleeding and spreading, so that's why I layered on the edges so it would bleed out instead of in towards the rest of the image.  I didn't worry because I was going to "fussy cut" them anyway.


The funny thing is that it took me a very long time to figure out what sentiment to use.  I looked at all my sheep sentiments (ex. "It's all about EWE") and tried to figure out if it was a birthday card or what.  I then took out the Pink by Design "Faith" set, and tried to see if any of them would fit.  Then all of a sudden, I realized that there was the sentiment for Psalm 23:1!  I can't believe that I hadn't noticed it before!  Haha, how silly of me! It just worked PERFECTLY for this card. I rounded the corners to create a softer look, and I also added a dab of Glossy Accents to the patch on the sheep's wool.  


I mass produced this card (and one of them is pink!) so that I could start selling cards!  I finally started a Facebook page today for "Love and Sushi" and hope to sell a few here and there to my family and church friends.  This one is $2.  Do you think that's a good price?  I'm very excited about this card!  It'd be a very good encouragement card!

By the way, what do you think of my new picture taking area?  It's actually one of the shelves of my Billy bookcase from IKEA.  I like the cleaner look of it (as does Howard because he doesn't like clutter in the background at all).  It was still bright out when I took it, but there was no direct sunlight on it, so I used my Ott-Lite also.  Hopefully, it's better than my previous pictures!  Always room for improvement, right?

Here is the challenge that I'm entering:

4 comments:

  1. Your cards is just to SWEET!I LOVE the cute little sheeps,BEAUTIFUL JOB girl!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cards are too sweet! I love the stamp and the CAS design you used. Yeah for you for selling your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute cards! Best wishes on selling your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute cards! What a way to turn a fun hobby into a money maker! Good Luck! Thanks so much for playing along with the Hiding My Craft Room challenge!

    ~Laurie
    http://www.hidinginmycraftroom.com/

    ReplyDelete