Wednesday, June 22, 2011

12 Stamps = 1 Image

I bought this stamp last year at one of AC Moore's big clearance times.  The funny thing is that despite having it for a really long time, I never knew that each individual stamp was actually part of a larger picture!  Haha, I thought each square was an individual image.  I just bought it because it was $2.50, and I figured I could use all the words and phrases that came along with it!  When I finally saw that it was one image, I knew I had to try it.

I stamped each individual stamp on white cardstock.  I actually was able to do 3 at a time since I have a larger acrylic block.  I then cut out each square before gluing it on the card base.  As simple as this card may look, it actually took quite a long time!  


I searched my Pink by Design sentiment stamp sets for something that would fit this image, and I think the "Rejoice in the Lord" worked well because of how the picture reminded me of spring and all living things.  I just added ribbon and buttons and then I was done!  Even though this card wasn't showcasing a technique, I still like how it turned out because of the stamp itself.

8 comments:

  1. If you color it in I think it'll look even more amazing - I never saw stamp sets like that [where a bunch make up a whole picture & still look good as individual pieces]

    ReplyDelete
  2. @kay: I thought about coloring it it, but there isn't much to color since most of it black (ex. flowers, tree, bird). That's why I left it black and white. Plus, I'm ALWAYS afraid that I'd mess something up if I colored it in! Haha, is that a weird fear? I'll try it the next time I use these stamps (BEFORE adhering it to a card!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it looks great! The B&W goes great with the pink background! What a great find!
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  4. @My 3 E Scrapbooking: Thank you! I am now obsessed with checking the clearance sections for stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG this is so cool! I LOVE it!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Wife2TJ: Isn't it so cool?!? I wonder if they made any more like this!

    ReplyDelete