Saturday, June 18, 2011

"You're a Sweet Heart"

I had coffeehouse practice at church today, so I didn't get a chance to craft.  Boy, it was an exhausting day!  I had to stand outside for the first bus for about 20 minutes since I was paranoid that I would miss it.  Because it was early on a Saturday morning, it only came every half hour, so I got out there early just in case the bus schedule was wonky.  Unfortunately, that got my heart racing due to my orthostatic hypotension/vasovagal syncope, and I felt so uncomfortable.  Then I had to rush to catch my second bus (thankfully, it arrived only a few seconds after I got to the stop).  I met Howard after the second bus, and we drove into the city early only to spend close to an hour looking for a parking spot.  And all of this was BEFORE practice!!!

During practice, we finally finished the recordings for the musical.  Then we went through every scene but one so that we could figure out the stage directions.  There was dance rehearsal as well, but being a slow learner of choreography, I'm not involved in it.  YES.  Haha.  After all of this, I fell asleep in the car on the way home.  I was even half asleep during our dinner at Chili's!  I finally started waking up a bit at the end of dinner, but this all just goes to show that I should just stay home and craft!  Haha, just kidding.

Anyway, I wanted to share a card that I made this past week.  The image is from an Inkadinkado set called "Animal Hearts" that I bought on clearance last year but never really used!  I stamped it with Stazon Jet Black, and then I colored it in with my Bic Mark-It markers.  In this one, you can see the shading and blending of the colors in the heart better than my previous coloring projects.  I used red (or whatever it's called for Bic!) on the outside layer and pink on the inside.  They were very contrasting, but I eventually got it to blend together.  I'm actually very happy with how it turned out!  Again, I'm still learning!


The card itself was stamped with one of the stamps from the Inkadinkado set "Dot Flourishes" that I bought recently from AC Moore when the clear stamps were 50% off. I knew that I wanted to use it for things like this.  I just stamped it in the Stazon ink pad (cherry pink that I don't have anymore because the top layer was black when I opened it, so I returned it) and stamped it all over the page.  The strip of patterned paper is from the Recollections paper pad called "All Girl."  I really like it, and if you stay tuned, you'll see that I use it on a few more things (once I cut a piece of paper, I try to use it as much as I can so that it doesn't get lost in a pile of scraps).  Lastly, I matted the stamped image and then I used an EK Success photo corner punch to add just a bit more pink to the card.

I really enjoyed making this one.  I'm not always pleased when I finish a card or project, but I was with this one.  I know it's probably still amateur compared to the other cards I see on the MANY blogs I follow.  However, I still like it anyway!  Haha, at least for now ...

4 comments:

  1. I think this is one of my favs thus far & I've seen it from the beginning! I like that you're branching out to diff patterns and colors and mixing it up & not just playing it safe. For your next project I'd like to request one that has the picture off center - not all the way in the corner necessarily - and put it in a circle [cuz I don't have a circle cutter & curious how it works].

    ReplyDelete
  2. @kay: Thanks! I'm trying to do different things. I actually have a circle card that I'm going to post where the image is off-center! That'll be some time this week. I'm going to have to use some more card sketches to see how to balance it out when it's not smack in the middle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute, Rachel! The image is adorable and I love your shading on the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Emily: Thank you! I like that I have a bunch of new techniques to learn and try this summer!

    ReplyDelete