Sunday, June 12, 2011

Making Patterned Paper

Crafting can really become an expensive hobby because when you have a certain idea in mind, you may not have all the supplies for it!  If you look on YouTube and search for tours of craft rooms, you see that people have a TON of supplies.  One of the things that takes up a lot of room is PAPER!  I never thought I'd be so into paper before because I figured plain cardstock with a few patterned pieces was all I needed.  Now I see that patterned paper REALLY makes a difference.  That's why I decided that maybe it'd be more cost effective to make my own at times!  

Here's a video I recorded showcasing the method I used.  I'll show the pictures and write it out below as well.


Here are the 3 materials that I needed: cardstock, ink, and a stamp.


I started off with a plain piece of cardstock.  I chose this lovely shade of green because it coordinated with the card I was making AND because it was a piece I had in my scrap box, haha.


I stamped the flower image all over the paper with scrap underneath so I could make it go off the page as well.


This is the finished product.


The one I had tried earlier was already put on a card.  I'm actually holding it that way because I'm covering a mistake, haha.  I didn't stamp one of the flowers on all the way, so I tried stamping over it again (since they're clear, it's possible to do this).  Of course, I made a mistake, and it didn't line up correctly.  Oh well!  And yes, as I said in the video, I do know that I stamped the "somebunny special" on crooked!  Whoops!


I'm really excited about this especially because I'll eventually be making my cousin Danielle's scrapbook for her latest vacation to Japan.  I did find an 8x8 stack of the DCWV Far East print at Marshalls for just a few bucks, but I knew the entire scrapbook would need more paper.  I bought an Inkadinkado stamp set for $5 using a 50% coupon that's Asian-inspired, so I can use that to make patterned paper!  Yay!

3 comments:

  1. I think it's great that you're spending your summer making little things like this! It sure beats having to work :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute idea! I can't wait to see more of your projects now that you're off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @HowWeird: Thanks for commenting so I don't look so lonely :)

    @ksquared: YUP! I intend on crafting a LOT this summer and updating this blog! Now to getting back and finishing those trip reports is a different story ... haha.

    ReplyDelete