For those of you who follow blogs and the latest trends, you'll notice that one of the hugest things lately is baker's twine in many different colors. I like how people use it to tie bows or thread buttons or wrap cards. I imagined it was also much easier to use than ribbon! It just creates a different look. I, however, was not willing to invest in twine. Though there are many sites that have it cheaper than others, I wasn't sure how much I would like it and what colors to get. I also knew that I'd be worried about wasting twine on a card by cutting off more than I needed!
That problem was solved when I remembered that they had packs of craft thread or floss at AC Moore! I thought, "Ooo, if I use a 50% off coupon, I can get a TON of colors for only a few dollars!" And that's exactly what I did! I bought the huge jumbo pack for about $6. Please don't mind the crazy yellowing in this picture. It was clearly before I got my Ott-Lite!!!
I had it for a while, but I never used it until last week. I decided to try wrapping it around the base cardstock. The rectangles in this card were kind of based off a sketch with 3 rectangles, but I realized I couldn't finish the whole thing since I didn't have enough room. Either way, I do like that it's different than what I normally make, and I threw in some patterned paper in there as well as the craft thread!
I used a lot of tape to secure it in the back because I wasn't sure if it would stay. Of course, you can't see it because it's adhered to the card itself! The bunny stamp is from a Sandy Lion set that I found on clearance at Michaels for $5. It's probably one of my favorite sets (that and the "boy" version too!). The sentiment is very Pink by Design as always!
When I initially "finished" this card, it didn't have the buttons or sketched dashes around it. The latter was easy to add on, but the buttons required a bit more work. I actually pulled the bottom right corner of the rectangle off the card so I could pull the tape off that piece of floss. I then threaded the 2 buttons onto the floss and then used a bit of ATG to adhere it in place. I think the addition of the buttons makes it more balanced because before that, the button seemed kind of empty.