Saturday, July 28, 2012

Pink by Design Two Year Anniversary Extravaganza: Challenge 5

The fifth challenge stumped me for a bit, so I decided to Google image search "ombre cards" just to get a better idea of what to do.  I had actually done something like it already with my shoe card as I used 3 different shades of blue!  I decided to use the same colors since I had scraps of the paper already.  I looked at my punch box and found a tiny star punch.  Man, the little ones that you get for $1 are really difficult to use!  But at least they punch out nicely!


Once I had the stars punched out (I punched out way more than I needed), I realized that I was going to come across an issue with spacing!  It was bothering me as I tried to figure out just how much room to leave in between the stars.  I even had to ask Howard if he could figure the math out for me.  I just played around with it for a while until I had something that kinda worked, haha.  


I finally opened my Bahama Blue Memento ink pad to stamp the sentiment from "Simply Everything."  In hindsight, I think it might've looked nicer if I used a non-blue color?  Not sure.  I admit that this didn't come out as nice as I had it planned, but once I finished it, I thought of a different method to try an ombre card like this in the future.  I'll have to give it a go ... you know, when I'm not under time crunches with these challenges!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment