Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Back to School!

The school year has officially started for me! The kids don't begin until Monday, but teachers had to report today for meetings and classroom set-up. Considering I had a fairly long day arriving at 8am and leaving at 4:15pm, it only made sense that I go grocery shopping afterwards too, right? Right. Because it's either that or go tomorrow after work before the sale changes on Friday and hate myself for not going today.

Alas, my tiredness means that this will be a picture post with brief captions!

I had to dig out a lot of my school items from the closets since I didn't anticipate using them ever again! That included my paper sorter, three-hole punch, pencil sharpener, desk organizer, and a few plushies. Of course, using a deluxe utility tote from Thirty-One was the best way for me to transport all those items along with my lunch and some snacks! I'm glad that I am okay putting it on the floor or the ground because sometimes it gets rather heavy. I know that seems like kind of a strange thing to say, but I'm typically such a germaphobe, but this bag is the one that's allowed to be on the floor.


The school got breakfast catered for this first day, so I actually felt kind of sick on the car ride to school because I ate very little at home. I think the banana I had was actually giving me heartburn, so when I was stopped at a red light, I popped a Tums. I was praying the entire way there, and thankfully, the Tums (and prayer!) was successful so that I was able to enjoy some food!


When I finished the 2012-2013 school year, I brought home all the items I purchased for school including this desk organizer. I put it on top of our "baby Expedit" (a 2x2 one from IKEA) in front of printer to hold our keys and other random things like our deodorant for some reason. I had to empty it out yesterday so that I could return it to its spot on the desk!  


I saw this poster up for grabs in the teachers' lounge, and it just didn't make sense to me or a few other teachers! Haha, I admit I kind of like it just because it's so odd, so I took a picture of it to save it forever since I wouldn't be able to explain it to kids or parents if I brought it to my room to hang on my wall!


Now it's time for bed! Good night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment