Sunday, September 21, 2014

Happy 90th Birthday, Grandma!

I posted this on Instagram and Facebook, but I think it's entirely appropriate to post it here as well as my grandma turned 90 today!


Happy 90th birthday to my grandma! I grew up just a few blocks from her and my grandfather, so we were actually in walking distance. Each Sunday, my grandparents, Jon, and I would squish in the backseat of the car to go to church. When my grandfather passed away, she would still go out to eat with us on Friday nights. I feel I spent a lot of time with her but never got to know her much because of the language barrier. But then when I started getting sick in college and had to go for all those tests and then the surgeries, my grandma was always faithfully praying for me and reassured that she was. I remember one specific Christmas family gathering where my uncle was praying at the house, and my grandma kept interrupting and saying, "Rachel ... Rachel ..." because she wanted to make sure that they prayed for my upcoming surgery. Though we could never quite talk about it, she has been an example of a woman of faith especially over these last 10-15 years. Love you, Gma Law!

No comments:

Post a Comment