Tuesday, September 9, 2014

First Day = Sore Throat, Sore Knees

Every single year on the first day of school with students, I go to lunch with the beginnings of a sore throat. By the end of the day, I leave the building with a throat so painful that I'm unsure of whether or not I'll be able to make it through the rest of the week! It's just a part of what I need to get used to come September. Of course, the first day of school always has the most talking since I go over rules/expectations and what each class entails. I answer questions if there are any, but there really is not much of an opportunity for a break.

When I get home, that's also when I usually realize my knees and ankles are sore as well from standing all day in flats (I can't even imagine how it'd feel in heels!). There are few opportunities to sit during the day as a teacher, but at least starting next week, there will be tests that the kids start taking, which means a chance to sit down for a bit!

After having been a teacher for 6 full years starting in 2007 and then being away from it last year, I have to say that despite the sore throat and the sore knees, I LOVE THAT I AM BACK WHERE I BELONG. I'll take the first day sore throat and sore knees!

No comments:

Post a Comment