Saturday, August 16, 2014

Called By My Name

A friend posted this on Facebook this morning that I ended up sharing on my own page as well. I'm not really one to share things like this often, but it really spoke to me. I tried to explain to Howard how I felt, but I couldn't get the words out clearly, so I won't even attempt an in depth explanation here.  


Basically, I have been noticing on the nights that I stay up or when I just can't fall asleep, the devil tries really hard to make me feel horrible about myself. He points out flaws (or things that I believe are flaws), and all the feelings of insecurity arise. He tells me I'm not good enough, that I'm a failure, that I'm not as strong in Christ as I should or could be. Yet God sees all of that and knows what kind of filth I hold in my heart, yet He still calls me His daughter.

Stunning, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment