Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Kill Kill Kill!

As I finally started feeling better from this cold, I returned to school only to find that even MORE kids were sick! Some were coughing up a storm to the point where they were gagging; others were leaving because of nausea. There are even students who are being sent home because of fevers. I'm hoping that because I had that cold, my immune system is a little stronger to fight whatever germs are still flying around in the room. Part of me is wondering if I shouldn't have complained about the wasps flying in my room because at least maintenance can be called for the problem to be removed!


Alas, there is nothing I can do other than wash my hands whenever I can, which is really just before I eat lunch since I don't have any other opportunity to take a break and use the bathroom. I do have Purell on my desk, but I know I don't use it as often as I probably could. The other thing I can do is wipe down the students' desks so that they don't spread germs to each other too. I left out the container to remind myself to do it more often. I also wipe down the door handles and light switches as well as the phone even though teachers are the only ones who use the phone. Even so, it's so easy for me to get sick because of my somewhat weak immune system, so hopefully these preventative measures will help me avoid getting sick one again!

No comments:

Post a Comment