Saturday, October 25, 2014

Rewinding to Saturday

Despite my nap late Friday night, I had no problem sleeping when it was time to sleep. I set an alarm as I always do for Saturday mornings and woke up to wash Howard's work shirts. Since our washer has completely died on us, I bought things to hand wash certain items at home. I figured his work shirts and my work tops could be done that way since it's not the best to constantly throw them in the wash anyway. For everything else, we've been going to my parents' house. Even though it can be quite a workout (soaked clothes can be heavy!), I do appreciate being able to do it at home and not having to leave.

Since we also didn't have to do laundry on Saturday and because groceries were done the day before, I knew I had an entire day at home! I love those days! I feel as if we haven't had that in a while, and when we did, it was because Howard was in pain or I was sick with that cold. I had time in the morning to get some crafting done even while Howard caught up on sleep. We have a 5x5 Expedit bookcase from IKEA that separates the "bedroom" and the rest of the apartment, but the square right next to me doesn't have a fabric cube in it. That means I can look through and see if and when he wakes up! It's so different from our dating days when I had to wake up early to get lesson plans done as quickly as I could so that Howard drive in from Brooklyn to come see me! 

I won't post the cards I crafted here; I'll put them in separate updates. I really am enjoying being able to craft whatever I want with the Silhouette Cameo. I can essentially take whatever images I want from what I see online and cut them. Some are easy than others, of course. I tend to search for a character and "coloring" so that I can have simpler designs and just the black lines. Anything else that's a bit more complex requires Howard's help.

I didn't do a lick of school work on Saturday, but for once, I didn't feel guilty about it. I think I earn myself a day of not doing anything for school! 

No comments:

Post a Comment