Saturday, March 22, 2014

Cereal Wasted

Many of the couponer or freebie Instagram accounts I follow post their hauls and say "(blank) wasted" as in, they get 20 tubes of toothpaste and caption it "Toothpaste wasted" or clear out a store of all the Snickers bars and label it "Snickers wasted." I didn't really like it when I first started seeing it, but now that I have a plethora of cereal boxes, I can't think of any other title except cereal wasted! I guess it's "acceptable" in that I've only gotten wasted with cereal as I don't drink other than a bottle or two of Seagram's Fuzzy Navel when vacationing in Florida with my family. And it was totally necessary because we only had that one box of Special K MultiGrain in our stash!


When Howard and I first got married, I was paying $2.50 for a box of cereal on sale. In the past few weeks, I have scored such great deals, that I don't think I will ever pay more than $1.50 per box again. The majority of the boxes were around $1, and some were even less than that (possible details if I do breakdowns of hauls)! Don't worry; I checked the expiration dates and a some of them don't expire until 2015. We'll have plenty of time to finish them. And just to clarify, I didn't stack up the cereal boxes for the second photo below. We really do have that many now!


Yup, I did in fact buy 20 boxes of cereal (I'm not including that one box we had left before this cereal hoarding began) in the past 3 weeks mainly from CVS and Target but some from the supermarkets too. I just couldn't pass up clearance deals from CVS with the addition of coupons and Target Cartwheel 50% off deals with the addition of coupons as well. And as always, there's the lovely doubling of coupons in Pathmark and Stop & Shop. I'm happy that I won't have to get cereal in a LONG time. Now it'll just be a matter of making sure we have milk in the fridge!

No comments:

Post a Comment