Monday, March 31, 2014

My First (and hopefully ONLY) Couponing Injury!

Last week when I was running my errands, I was injured in the supermarket! The crazy thing is that I didn't even realize it for a long time. It had to have been between my getting my $0.17 Kraft shredded cheese from the dairy department (yup, just $0.17 as it was on sale 3 for $5 and I had $0.75 coupons that doubled) and the chicken drumsticks from the meat department. Once I got to the produce department and picked up a bag of baby spinach for salad and then headed over to grab a plastic bag for the onions, I noticed my hands felt sticky. I looked down and there was red stuff all over! Then I thought, "Oh my gosh, it's blood! Ew! What did I touch?!" I immediately used the hand sanitizer that I have hanging from my purse to try to clean it off because I was disgusted. It took me a few seconds to realize that I was the one who had gotten hurt! 


I finally found the source of the bleeding as I tried to clean the rest of my hands. I texted Howard with my right hand to tell him, and I was trying to reassure myself that I had gotten a tetanus shot less than two years ago. I didn't have any Band-Aids in my bag, but I did have a tissue so I held it against the wound while I grabbed one more thing in the store and did my best to hold my hand a little upwards because it wouldn't stop bleeding. I admit I was a little panicky because I couldn't quite tell just how deep or bad the cut was or if I would need stitches. It was really like a chunk missing from my finger. I must have been pinched when grabbing an item. Not fun at all!

I think I need to coupon for some Band-Aids next!

No comments:

Post a Comment