Tuesday, July 15, 2014

A Clean Microwave

I finally took the time to clean the microwave today using the vinegar trick that I learned on Pinterest. For a moment, I contemplated taking a picture of the dirty microwave to post a before and after picture, but that quickly turned into a "people-will-judge-me-for-letting-it-get-so-dirty" thought so you'll just have to take my word for it! I poured 1 cup of white vinegar and 1 cup of just boiled water into a Corelle bowl. I popped it in the microwave and set it for 10 minutes. I hung around in the area just to make sure it was okay since I had also seen some suggest floating a toothpick in the water so that the water would bubble instead of cause an explosion, but others said that as long as there was the turning table inside creating movement, it would be okay. Once the 10 minutes were up, I waited a bit longer for the steam to do its job. I probably could have waited a little bit longer than I did, but I really wanted to see if it worked or not. It was pretty cool that it made scrubbing it down so much easier! I'm sure using a rag or sponge would've meant less work for me, but I didn't want to dirty anything so I used cleaning paper towels (as in, the ones that I get for free from CVS and not the thick Bounty ones). It did require some time to wipe it all down, and since there was some gunk I had to clean, I also dipped the paper towel in the vinegar to help it more. The result is pretty spectacular! I wouldn't say it looks brand new, but it's really amazing how vinegar made it so much nicer!

After I was done cleaning, I had to burn a candle as the smell of vinegar was stuck in my nose, haha. Good thing I have plenty of those.

No comments:

Post a Comment