Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Random Thoughts of the Day

Here are just a few things that I was thinking of today that clearly do not warrant a full blog post!
  • I'm so glad that cereal companies are making protein-enriched cereals. The Cheerios Protein and Honey Bunches of Oats Morning Energy are excellent because a bowl of cereal never lasts very long. I get hungry so quickly after, but now I can last a little bit longer if I have to. Plus, I probably don't have enough protein in my diet anyway.
  • Having tea in the summer? Yeah, I never thought I would be that kind of person. I miss having tea with my mom after work; if we lived a little closer, I'm sure it would be nice to have a "cuppa" (Howard and I have called it that once in a while because of Sherlock!) after we get back from school. We're really only about 15 minutes away, but since I'm on the service road, the traffic gets really backed up. I remember she used to have tea even in the hotter weather, and I didn't understand why, but as I got older, I wanted it too! It's just so comforting and much easier on my stomach than anything cold.
  • I made a good choice today as I skipped the chocolate I wanted and had a peach yogurt (lactose-free, thanks Yoplait!) instead. In the midst of eating it, I actually thought, "Huh, I guess I didn't really want chocolate." I just wanted a snack and was in the mood for something on the sweeter side.
Huh, didn't anticipate that the thoughts I had today would be all about food and drink. That is all. Have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment