Friday, July 25, 2014

Puzzle Craving

Yesterday I had a craving for a specific food item, but today I have a sudden craving to do a puzzle! I was browsing the endcaps at Target to search for clearance toys. I've gotten in the habit of checking clearance areas so that I can pick things up to use for gifts without having to spend an arm and a leg. I spotted these puzzles that weren't on clearance or anything, but I was definitely intrigued by these Disney lenticular puzzles.


Don't mind the fuzziness of the villains one as I took a picture of the back of the box that showed the lenticular image.


I used to do puzzles with my mom when I was growing up, and we used to do them even when Matt was a kid too. We'd always do the edges of the image first and then work inwards. My 3 favorites are actually 500 piece puzzles from the dollar store. Howard and I did a few of them too when we were dating. We have a Disney one now from Once Upon a Toy in Downtown Disney that I think I might just have to take out to do because it seems like it'll be so therapeutic. Anyone else enjoy puzzles like I do?

4 comments:

  1. My family always has a puzzle to work on when we do a beach vacation. This year the one we chose was way too challenging and we didn't even come close to finishing it! I'm considering starting again on my dining room table; that would give us until Thanksgiving to get it done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah, sometimes they take so long to do! It's funny that I can't wait for it to be completed, but then I'm also sad that it's completed. The difficult part is finding a place to do it where it doesn't need to moved. We don't have the space for that right now unfortunately.

      Delete
  2. We love doing puzzles and of course, our Disney puzzle collection has grown. I've even glued some of them and have them hanging up in our house. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We just have one really nice Disney puzzle. When we went back recently and saw they had a new one, I was like, "We didn't even do the one we bought years ago!"

      Delete