Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Welcome, 2014!

It would make sense that as I attempt to blog from my iPhone for the first time that I would forget to save it and lose everything I just wrote for the past 10 minutes, right? Right. Haha, happy new year to me!

I'll cut to the chase this time and save the chatter for another update. My mom requested a custom order of thank you cards for some of the kids at school who gave her Christmas gifts. She had a few at home but specifically wanted cards that were more fitting for this winter season. Since I already have a bunch of bears from the Teddy Bear Parade cartridge cut out and assembled, I decided to just add on a sweater and warm hat to complete the look.


I eliminated some of the accessories and cuts to keep it simplified, but I did add pants considering the recipients of the cards are 2nd grade kids, and I figured it was the right thing to do! The sweater looked too plain, so I actually found a small snowflake stamp from one of my Pink by Design sets and used Versamark to stamp it in the center.


The sentiment is from an Inkadinkado set of all different fonts and phrases of gratitude. I really do love the options and wish that Pink by Design had a thank you set in different fonts just like one of my favorites, "Birthday, Birthday." As much as I love all the punny sayings, my mom prefers the simple sentiments and card designs more.

It was fun being able to complete this order since some of my other orders are a little bit more stressful. Maybe I should take a break from custom orders just until I figure out how to use my Silhouette Cameo. 

Yes, I said Silhouette! But that's a story for another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment