Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Happy Cupcake

Because I was out and about pretty much all day, I wasn't able to get my planned blog post written for today, so that'll have to wait until tomorrow. In my opinion, it'll be worth it though! Instead of a full recap of what happened today, I have a card for you instead! 


This simple birthday card was made using the cupcake image with candle from the Simply Charmed Cricut cartridge. Because of the eyes and mouth on the cuts, it's important to make the images fairly large so that they come out cleanly. I know that with the new Cricut Explore machine, things like that shouldn't be a problem, but I'm not about to purchase a new Cricut machine since I now have the Silhouette Cameo! 


The sentiment is from Pink by Design's set called "Birthday, Birthday." Lastly, as you can see, I decided to skip patterned paper since I couldn't find one that worked with the colors of the cupcake, so I used the Cuttlebug "Happy Birthday" embossing folder on a white mat. Sometimes I have to remind myself that that's an option because I forget to pull out my Cuttlebug! Despite having it for so long, I still love how simple it is to get an intricate embossed design on the paper for a card.

No comments:

Post a Comment