Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Making Envelopes

Since getting my We R Memory Keepers Envelope Punch Board from Custom Crops last year, I admit that sometimes making the envelopes are more fun than making the cards themselves! Before I got the board, I made a few envelopes on a scoring board, but this one works so much easier and the end result looks so much nicer. 

Today one of my good customers texted me with an urgent request to mail her one of the graduation cards she had ordered. I had a set of 6 for her along with other cards ready for delivery, but she didn't make it to church that day. To mail it, I had to make an envelope for the card in the envelope! I used the punch board and made the perfect sized envelope after checking the size restrictions on the USPS website, which you can find right here. I also wanted it to be a bit sturdier, so I put the card between the extra piece of yellow cardstock.

 

Doesn't it look so professional? I will still definitely order A2-sized envelopes from ClearBags because it's not worth the time or the money to make them for bulk orders. However, when I need one for a uniquely-sized card, I'm glad I have the means to easily make it! Plus, it actually gives me a reason to use my 12x12 in cardstock that I don't use anymore since I use the inexpensive Recollections packs.

 

I walked to the nearest mailbox, which is close to where Howard gets off for the bus, so we coordinated times so we could walk back to our apartment together. Here's hoping it gets to its destination on time!

No comments:

Post a Comment