Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Return of the Crafty Side

It's been quite a while, but I finally got back into crafting today! I have some orders that I need to fill, but today I really needed to get some gnomes cut out from the Gnomes and Mushrooms cartridge that was free this week on Cricut Craftroom. It expires tomorrow, so I still have a few hours to finish some cuts. I knew gluing everything together would take too much time, so I pulled out one of my embellishment boxes with all the dividers. I was so excited when I opened it because there lying in the largest section was my hand tool with the blade in it for my Martha Stewart circle cutter! I've been looking for that since we MOVED HERE! I was pretty sure that I had brought it to the apartment, but then I couldn't find it where I thought I had it. I thought it might have been back at my parents' house, but it wasn't there either. I just knew for sure that I put it somewhere for safe keeping, but then I just lost track of it! I'm so thrilled now!


The other crafty thing I did today was test out my Copics. I don't have cardstock that is close enough to skin colors, so I just cut in white and use the E00 Copic to color it in. However, it was definitely losing ink, which I knew for a bit. I figured it was finally time to order refill tubes. Amazon was expensive, and I didn't know the supplier. Joann didn't have the colors I needed. So I went to Dick Blick instead because I know that many crafters grew their Copic collection through them. I wanted to take advantage of the free shipping offer with orders over $89, so I needed to figure out which markers were in need of refills. I ended up using the rest of the money that I had from my last 50 card order and about $20 more. 


I have work days scheduled this week and the next two weeks as well, so I'm part of me hates that suddenly I felt so crafty right before I have to go to school. But the good part of it is that I'll get some money for it so that I don't have to feel guilty about the expensive Copic refill order I just placed!

No comments:

Post a Comment